The motion commotion : Human factors in transportation
- Millar, A. E., Jr.
- JAN 1, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Gibson, J. D., Crum, R. G., and Rosen, R. L.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The program for a systems approach to the problem of incorporating human factors in designing transportation systems is summarized. The importance of the human side of transportation is discussed along with the three major factors related to maintaining a mobile and quality life. These factors are (1) people, as individuals and groups, (2) society as a whole, and (3) the natural environment and man-made environs. The problems and bottlenecks are presented along with approaches to their solutions through systems analysis. Specific recommendations essential to achieving improved mobility within environmental constraints are presented.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19730003262.
Accession ID: 73N11989.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15945014