Design of a Mach 8.0 axisymmetric nozzle for a hypersonic test facility
- Sims, J. L.
- May 24, 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Elkin, R. F.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An axisymmetric nozzle has been designed to produce test section flow at a Mach number of 8.0 for use in a hypersonic test facility at MSFC. Nominal design conditions used to calculate the viscous correction to the wall contour were selected from the results of a parametric boundary layer investigation so that the widest possible range of satisfactory operating conditions could be obtained. Coordinates for the nozzle are presented in a tabular form suitable for design and manufacturing. The basic analysis techniques have been used to generate results to compare with experimental data from a facility at Langley Research Center. The agreement was reasonably good.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19720019623.
Accession ID: 72N27273.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15946434