Toward Mapping the Detailed Density Structure of Classical Be Circumstellar Disks
- Bjorkman, K. S.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Bjorkman, J. E., Kowalski, A. F., and Wisniewski, J. P.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present the preliminary results of near contemporaneous optical and infrared spectroscopic observations of select classical Be stars. We find strong evidence of oppositely oriented V/R hydrogen line profiles in the optical versus infrared spectra of zeta Tau, and briefly discuss how sustained contemporaneous optical and infrared spectroscopic observations might enable us to trace the detailed density structure of classical Be circumstellar disks.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20060002709.
Active OB Stars: Laboratories for Stellar and Circumstellar Physics; 29 Aug. - 2 Sep. 2005; Sapporo; Japan.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15962301