Analysis of a Circular Composite Disk Subjected to Edge Rotations and Hydrostatic Pressure
- Oliver, Stanley T.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The structural analysis results for a graphite/epoxy quasi-isotropic circular plate subjected to a forced rotation at the boundary and pressure is presented. The analysis is to support a specialized material characterization test for composite cryogenic tanks. Finite element models were used to ensure panel integrity and determine the pressure necessary to achieve a predetermined equal biaxial strain value. The displacement results due to the forced rotation at the boundary led to a detailed study of the bending stiffness matrix [D]. The variation of the bending stiffness terms as a function of angular position is presented graphically, as well as, an illustrative technique of considering the laminate as an I-beam.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20050180642.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15963375