Lithium-Ion Small Cell Battery Shorting Study
- Rao, Gopalakrishna
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Blackmore, Paul, Curzon, David, and Pearson, Chris
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- AEA performed a hard short study on various cell configurations whilst monitoring voltage, current and temperature. Video recording was also done to verify the evidence for cell venting. The presentation summarizes the results of the study including video footage of typical samples. Need for the diode protection in manned applications is identified. The standard AEA approach of using fused connectors during AIT for unmanned applications is also described.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20050156921.
2004 NASA Aerospace Battery Workshop; 16-18 Nov. 2004; Huntsville, AL; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15963650