- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The Bozzolo, Ferrante, and Smith (BFS) method for alloys is applied to the study of Pt deposition on Cu(100). The formation of a Cu-Pt surface alloy is discussed within the framework of previous results for Pd/Cu(100). In spite of the fact that both Pd and Pt share the same basic behavior when deposited on Cu, it is seen that subtle differences become responsible for the differences in growth observed at higher cover-ages. In agreement with experiment, all the main features of Pt/Cu(100) and Pd/Cu(100) are obtained by means of a simple modeling scheme, and explained in terms of a few basic ingredients that emerge from the BFS analysis.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20030021308.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15966840