Formation of Prebiotic Molecules in Interstellar and Cometary Ices
- Zare, Richard N.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- DeVincenzi, D., Sandford, Scott A., Bernstein, Max P., Dworkin, Jason, Gilette, J. Seb, and Allamandola, Louis J.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report here on our lab studies of ice photochemistry of large organic molecules under cometary conditions. We focus on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), their photoproducts, and their similarities to molecules seen in living systems today. We note that these kinds of compounds are seen in meteorites and we propose an explanation for both their formation and their observed deuterium enrichments.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20000112919.
Bioastronomy Conference 1999: A New Era in the Search for Life in the Universe; 2-6 Aug. 1999; Kohala Coast, HI; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15969867