Method for refurbishing and processing parachutes
- Crowell, R. T.
- Feb 2, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A system and method for refurbishing and processing parachutes is discussed including an overhead monorail conveyor system on which the parachute is suspended for horizontal conveyance. The parachute is first suspended in partially open tented configuration wherein open inspection of the canopy is permitted to remove debris and inspect all areas. Following inspection, the parachute is transported by the monorail conveyor to a washing and drying station with the parachute canopy mounted on the conveyor ina systematic arrangement which permits water and air to pass through the ribbonlike material of the canopy. Following drying of the parachute, the parachute is conveyed into an interior space where it is finally inspected and removed from the monorail conveyor and laid upon a table for folding.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19820021454.
Accession ID: 82N29330.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15971887