Ensemble Eclipse : A Process for Prefab Development Environment for the Ensemble Project
- Bachmann, Andrew G.
- June 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Ludowise, Melissa, Wallick, Michael N., Shams, Khawaja, S., and Mittman, David S.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This software simplifies the process of having to set up an Eclipse IDE programming environment for the members of the cross-NASA center project, Ensemble. It achieves this by assembling all the necessary add-ons and custom tools/preferences. This software is unique in that it allows developers in the Ensemble Project (approximately 20 to 40 at any time) across multiple NASA centers to set up a development environment almost instantly and work on Ensemble software. The software automatically has the source code repositories and other vital information and settings included. The Eclipse IDE is an open-source development framework. The NASA (Ensemble-specific) version of the software includes Ensemble-specific plug-ins as well as settings for the Ensemble project. This software saves developers the time and hassle of setting up a programming environment, making sure that everything is set up in the correct manner for Ensemble development. Existing software (i.e., standard Eclipse) requires an intensive setup process that is both time-consuming and error prone. This software is built once by a single user and tested, allowing other developers to simply download and use the software
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20130013812.
NASA Tech Briefs, June 2013; 23.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15973774