- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- We introduce hierarchical safety cases (or hicases) as a technique to overcome some of the difficulties that arise creating and maintaining industrial-size safety cases. Our approach extends the existing Goal Structuring Notation with abstraction structures, which allow the safety case to be viewed at different levels of detail. We motivate hicases and give a mathematical account of them as well as an intuition, relating them to other related concepts. We give a second definition which corresponds closely to our implementation of hicases in the AdvoCATE Assurance Case Editor and prove the correspondence between the two. Finally, we suggest areas of future enhancement, both theoretically and practically.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20130001737.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15976084