- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago has formulated an innovative approach to inspiring the next generation to pursue STEM education. Middle school students in Chicago and at nearby Challenger Learning Centers work in teams to design a mission to Mars. Each mission includes real time access to NASA experts through partnerships with Marshall Space Flight Center, Johnson Space Center, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Interactive videoconferencing connects students at the museum with students at a Challenger Learning Center and with NASA experts. This paper describes the approach, the results from the program s first year, and future opportunities for nationwide expansion.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120016502.
AIAA Space 2012; 11-13 Sep. 2012; Pasadena, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15976933