- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The asteroid size distribution informs us about the formation and composition of the Solar System. We build on our previous work in which we harvest serendipitously observed data of the Taurus region and measure the brightness and size distributions of Main-belt asteroids. This is accomplished with the highly sensitive MIPS 24 micron channel. We expect to catalog 104 asteroids, giving us a statistically significant data set. Results from this investigation will allow us to characterize the total population of small, Main-belt asteroids. Here we will present new results on the completeness of our study; on the presence of size distribution variations with inclination and radial distance in the belt; and early result on other archival fields.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120014315.
American Astronomical Society Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) Meeting; 15-19 Oct. 2012; Reno, NV; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15977934