- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Hibonite-rich Ca- and Al-rich inclusions (CAIs) are among the earliest formed solids that condensed in the early nebula. We discovered an unusual refractory inclusion from the Allende CV3 chondrite (SHAL) containing an approx 500 micron long single crystal of hibonite and co-existing coarse-grained perovskite. The mineralogy and petrography of SHAL show strong similarities to some FUN inclusions, especially HAL. Here we report on the mineralogy, petrography, mineral chemistry and oxygen isotopic compositions in SHAL.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120011762.
75th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society; 12-17 Aug. 2012; Cairns; Australia.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15978778