The July 2010 Outburst of the NLS1 PMN J0948+0022
- Richards, J. L.
- October 25, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Nestoras, I., Hauser, M., Donato, Davida, Max-Moerbeck, W., Tavecchio, F., Tramacere, A., Pavlidou, V., Wagner, S., Lister, M. L., Mannheim, K., Marashi, L., Foschini, L., Falcone, A., Thompson, David J., Angelakis, E., Readhead, A. C. S., Tibolla, O., Kovalev, Yu. A., D'Ammando, F., Kovalev, Y. Y., Stevenson, M. A., Ghisellini, G., Fuhrmann, L., and Tagliaferri, G.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report about the multiwavelength campaign on the Narrow-Line Seyfert 1 (NLS1) Galaxy PMN J0948+0022 (z = 0.5846) performed in 2010 July-September and triggered by high activity as measured by Fermi/LAT. The peak luminosity in the 0.1 - 100 GeV energy band exceeded, for the first time in this type of source, the value of 1048 erg/s, a level comparable to the most powerful blazars. The comparison of the spectral energy distribution of the NLS1 PMN J0948+0022 with that of a typical blazar like 3C 273 shows that the power emitted at gamma rays is extreme.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120008474. and GSFC.JA.5919.2012.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15979621