Easing the Discovery of NASA and International Near-Real-Time Data Using the Global Change Master Directory
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) provides an extensive directory of descriptive and spatial information about data sets and data-related services, which are relevant to Earth science research. The directory's data discovery components include controlled keywords, free-text searches, and map/date searches. The GCMD portal for NASA's Land Atmosphere Near-real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE) data products leverages these discovery features by providing users a direct route to NASA's Near-Real-Time (NRT) collections. This portal offers direct access to collection entries by instrument name, informing users of the availability of data. After a relevant collection entry is found through the GCMD's search components, the "Get Data" URL within the entry directs the user to the desired data. http://gcmd.nasa.gov/r/p/gcmd_lance_nrt.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120003854.
American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting; 5-9 Dec, 2011; San Francisco, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15980086