An Improved Model of Cryogenic Propellant Stratification in a Rotating, Reduced Gravity Environment
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- This paper builds on a series of analytical literature models used to predict thermal stratification within rocket propellant tanks. The primary contribution to the literature is to add the effect of tank rotation and to demonstrate the influence of rotation on stratification times and temperatures. This work also looks levels of thermal stratification for generic propellant tanks (cylindrical shapes) over a parametric range of upper-stage coast times, heating levels, rotation rates, and gravity levels.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20120003253., KSC-2007-177., and NASA Thermal and Fluids Analysis Workshop (TFAWS) Conference; 10-14 Sep. 2007; Cleveland, OH; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15980383