- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The RESOLVE (Regolith and Environment Science and Oxygen and Lunar Volatile Extraction) project seeks to deploy a robotic ISRU lander at the lunar south pole to determine the accessibility of frozen ice and the resource potential at various locations. The OVEN (Oxygen and Volatiles Extraction Node) component will be used to heat samples to 150 C or higher in order to drive off ice and other volatiles, which will then be identified and measured. An ice volatilization system has been developed to specifically collect data on the extraction of water vapor from a sample. Testing of the system was begun in April of this year. This report addresses our current work to test the system in a relevant environment in this case, using simulants with up to 10wt% water ice at 76K, in reduced atmosphere.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20110012191.
Planetary and Terrestrial Mining Sciences Symposium; 19-22 Jun. 2011; Ottawa; Canada.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15990686