Demonstrating the Operational Value of Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) Profiles in the Pre-Convective Environment
- Jedlovec, Gary
- January 23, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Stano, Geoffrey, Kozlowski, Danielle, and Zavodsky, Bradley
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Short-term Prediction Research and Transition (SPoRT) is a project to transition those NASA observations and research capabilities to the weather forecasting community to improve the short-term regional forecasts. This poster reviews the work to demonstrate the value to these forecasts of profiles from the Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) instrument on board the Aqua satellite with particular assistance in predicting thunderstorm forecasts by the profiles of the pre-convective environment.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20110008799., M11-0200., and 91st American Meteorological Society (AMS) Annual Meeting; 23-27 Jan. 2011; Seattle, WA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15991477