- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Direct Simulation Monte Carlo method was used to provide 3-D simulations of the early entry phase of the Shuttle Orbiter. Undamaged and damaged scenarios were modeled to provide calibration points for engineering "bridging function" type of analysis. Currently the simulation technology (software and hardware) are mature enough to allow realistic simulations of three dimensional vehicles.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100033615.
Fifth Biennial Tri-Laboratory Engineering Conference; 21-23 Oct. 2003; Santa Fe, NM; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15994153