- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- A study is undertaken to investigate the response of a representative integrated thermal protection system structure under combined thermal, aerodynamic pressure, and acoustic loadings. A two-step procedure is offered and consists of a heat transfer analysis followed by a nonlinear dynamic analysis under a combined loading environment. Both analyses are carried out in physical degrees-of-freedom using implicit and explicit solution techniques available in the Abaqus commercial finite-element code. The initial study is conducted on a reduced-size structure to keep the computational effort contained while validating the procedure and exploring the effects of individual loadings. An analysis of a full size integrated thermal protection system structure, which is of ultimate interest, is subsequently presented. The procedure is demonstrated to be a viable approach for analysis of spacecraft and hypersonic vehicle structures under a typical mission cycle with combined loadings characterized by largely different time-scales.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100016281.
AIAA Paper 2010-3121.
51st AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference; 12-15 Apr. 2010; Orlando, FL; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15995529