A Revised Trajectory Algorithm to Support En Route and Terminal Area Self-Spacing Concepts
- Abbott, Terence S.
- February 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This document describes an algorithm for the generation of a four dimensional trajectory. Input data for this algorithm are similar to an augmented Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR) with the augmentation in the form of altitude or speed crossing restrictions at waypoints on the route. This version of the algorithm accommodates descent Mach values that are different from the cruise Mach values. Wind data at each waypoint are also inputs into this algorithm. The algorithm calculates the altitude, speed, along path distance, and along path time for each waypoint.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100011333., L-70750D., NASA/CR-2010-216204., and LF99-8938.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15995694