- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Wind tunnel testing methods and test technologies for the 21st century using advanced capabilities are presented. These capabilities are necessary to capture more accurate and high quality test results by eliminating the uncertainties in testing and to facilitate verification of computational tools for design. This paper discusses near term developments underway in ground testing capabilities, which will enhance the quality of information of both the test article and airstream flow details. Also discussed is a selection of new capability investments that have been made to accommodate such developments. Examples include advanced experimental methods for measuring the test gas itself; using efficient experiment methodologies, including quality assurance strategies within the test; and increasing test result information density by using extensive optical visualization together with computed flow field results. These points could be made for both major investments in existing tunnel capabilities or for entirely new capabilities.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100003044.
AIAA Paper 2010-1304.
48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting; 4-7 Jan. 2010; Orlando, FL; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15996066