OLTARIS : On-Line Tool for the Assessment of Radiation in Space
- Blattnig, Steve R.
- September 14, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Rutledge, Robert D., Sandridge, Chris A., Norman, Ryan B., Clowdsley, Martha S., Lee, Kerry T., Singleterry, Robert C., Jr., Qualls, Garry D., Badavi, Francis F., Walker, Steve A., Slaba, Tony C., Simonsen, Lisa C., Zapp, E. Neal, Aumann, Aric R., Spangler, Jan L., and Norbury, John W.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The On-Line Tool for the Assessment of Radiation In Space (OLTARIS) is a World Wide Web based tool that assesses the effects of space radiation to humans in items such as spacecraft, habitats, rovers, and spacesuits. This document explains the basis behind the interface and framework used to input the data, perform the assessment, and output the results to the user as well as the physics, engineering, and computer science used to develop OLTARIS. The physics is based on the HZETRN2005 and NUCFRG2 research codes. The OLTARIS website is the successor to the SIREST website from the early 2000 s. Modifications have been made to the code to enable easy maintenance, additions, and configuration management along with a more modern web interface. Over all, the code has been verified, tested, and modified to enable faster and more accurate assessments. The next major areas of modification are more accurate transport algorithms, better uncertainty estimates, and electronic response functions. Improvements in the existing algorithms and data occur continuously and are logged in the change log section of the website.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090034165., LF99-8387., and AIAA Space 2009 Conference and Exposition; 14-17 Sep. 2009; Pasadena, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15996599