- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- In the recent years, continuous-wave near-field and lens-focused millimeter wave imaging systems have been effectively used to demonstrate their utility for producing high-resolution images of metallic structures covered with spay on foam insulation (SOFI) such as the Space Shuttle external fuel tank. However, for some specific structures a certain interference -pattern may be superimposed on the produced images. There are methods by which the influence of this unwanted interference can be reduced, such as the incorporation of an incidence .angle and the proper use of signal polarization. This paper presents the basics of this problem and describes the use of the methods for reducing this unwanted influence through specific examples.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090028758.
34th Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation Conference (QNDE); 22-27 Jul. 2007; Golden, CO; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15996841