AIRS Data Service at NASA Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services (GES DISC) and Its Application to Climate Change Study
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) instrument suite is designed to observe and characterize the entire atmospheric column from the surface to the top of the atmosphere in terms of surface emissivity and temperature, atmospheric temperature and humidity profiles, cloud amount and height, and the spectral outgoing infrared radiation on a global scale. The AIRS Data Support Team at the GES DISC provides data support to assist others in understanding, retrieving and extracting information from the AIRS/AMSU/HSB data products. Because a number of years has passed since its operation started, the amount of data has reached a certain level of maturity where we can address the climate change study utilizing AIRS data, In this presentation we will list various service we provide and to demonstrate how to utilize/apply the existing service to long-term and short-term variability study.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090027039. and American Geophysical Union 2008 Fall Meeting; 15-19 Dec. 2008; San Francisco, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15996970