Computational Analysis for Roughness-Based Transition Control
- Chang, Chau-Lyan
- June 23, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Edwards, Jack R., Jr., Choudhari, Meelan M., and Li, Fei
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Suitably placed discrete roughness elements are known to delay or hasten the onset of transition, depending on requirements. In this paper, 2D eigenvalue analysis is used to study the effects of surface roughness in the context of transition delay over subsonic and supersonic swept wing configurations, as well as boundarylayer tripping on the forebody of a hypersonic air breathing vehicle.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090025440.
IUTAM 2009 Symposium on Laminar-Turbulent Transition; 23-26 Jun. 2009; Stockholm; Sweden.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15997135