- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The design of a Vacuum-Swing Adsorption (VSA) system to remove metabolic water and metabolic carbon dioxide from the Orion Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV) atmosphere is presented. The approach for Orion is a VSA system that removes not only 100 percent of the metabolic CO2 from the atmosphere, but also 100% of the metabolic water as well, a technology approach that has not been used in previous spacecraft life support systems. The design and development of the Sorbent Based Atmosphere Regeneration (SBAR) system, including test articles, a facility test stand, and full-scale testing in late 2007 and early 2008 is discussed.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090001943.
38th International Conference on Environmental Systems; 29 Jun. - 2 Jul. 2008; San Francisco, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15998311