- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The paper documents a collaborative analysis of ascent Navigation options for the Ares 1 launch vehicle by the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) and the C. S. Draper Laboratory. The objective of the work was the development of a Navigation concept and supporting requirements which meet the Ares 1 accuracy specification in a manner which is straightforward, reliable, and cost effective. Six primary Navigation architectures were considered. In each case analysis was performed to determine under what conditions the required accuracy at second stage cutoff could be achieved. Those architectures which met the accuracy requirements were then assessed in terms of cost, complexity, and reliability to determine a baseline Navigation approach and the primary supporting requirements.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080048254.
2008 AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference; 18-21 Aug. 2008; Honolulu, HI; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15998393