- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present a mathematical framework for the specification and verification of state-based conflict resolution algorithms that recover from loss of separation. In particular, we propose rigorous definitions of horizontal and vertical maneuver correctness that yield horizontal and vertical separation, respectively, in a bounded amount of time. We also provide sufficient conditions for independent correctness, i.e., separation under the assumption that only one aircraft maneuvers, and for implicitly coordinated correctness, i.e., separation under the assumption that both aircraft maneuver. An important benefit of this approach is that different aircraft can execute different algorithms and implicit coordination will still be achieved, as long as they all meet the explicit criteria of the framework. Towards this end we have sought to make the criteria as general as possible. The framework presented in this paper has been formalized and mechanically verified in the Prototype Verification System (PVS).
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080043561.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15998724