Design, Qualification, and On Orbit Performance of the CALIPSO Aerosol Lidar Transmitter
- Hovis, Floyd E.
- September 17, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Le, Khoa, Sullivan, Edward T., Verhapen, Ron, Witt, Greg, Weimer, Carl, Applegate, Jeff, Luck, William S., Jr., and Cisewski, Michael S.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The laser transmitter for the CALIPSO aerosol lidar mission has been operating on orbit as planned since June 2006. This document discusses the optical and laser system design and qualification process that led to this success. Space-qualifiable laser design guidelines included the use of mature laser technologies, the use of alignment sensitive resonator designs, the development and practice of stringent contamination control procedures, the operation of all optical components at appropriately derated levels, and the proper budgeting for the space-qualification of the electronics and software.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080013393. and Optical Society of America Laser Science XIII; 17-21 Sep. 2007; San Jose, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16000295