TRL-6 for JWST Wavefront Sensing and Control
- Shi, Fang
- August 26, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Dean, Bruce
Acton, D. Scott
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- NASA's Technology Readiness Level (TRL)-6 is documented for the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) Wavefront Sensing and Control (WFSC) subsystem. The WFSC subsystem is needed to align the Optical Telescope Element (OTE) after all deployments have occurred, and achieves that requirement through a robust commissioning sequence consisting of unique commissioning algorithms, all of which are part of the WFSC algorithm suite. This paper identifies the technology need, algorithm heritage, describes the finished TRL-6 design platform, and summarizes the TRL-6 test results and compliance. Additionally, the performance requirements needed to satisfy JWST science goals as well as the criterion that relate to the TRL-6 Testbed Telescope (TBT) performance requirements are discussed
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080008397.
SPIE Optics and Photonics; 26-30 Aug. 2007; San Diego, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16000647