- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A static extended trailing edge attached to a NACA0012 airfoil section is studied for achieving lift enhancement at a small drag penalty. It is indicated that the thin extended trailing edge can enhance the lift while the zero-lift drag is not significantly increased. Experiments and calculations are conducted to compare the aerodynamic characteristics of the extended trailing edge with those of Gurney flap and conventional flap. The extended trailing edge, as a simple mechanical device added on a wing without altering the basic configuration, has a good potential to improve the cruise flight efficiency.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20070030823.
3rd International Symposium on Integrating CFD and Experiments in Aerodynamics; 20-21 Jun. 2007; Colorado SPrings, CO; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16001487