- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present post-Newtonian-inspired initial data for non-spinning black-hole binaries, suitable for numerical evolution with punctures. We revisit the work of Tichey et al. and explicitly calculate remaining integral terms.Thereby we improve the accuracy in the far zone, by including realistic gravitational waves in the initial data. We investigate the behavior of this data both at the center of mass and in the far zone, demonstrating agreement of the transverse-traceless parts of the new metric with quadrupole-approximation waveforms. An advantage of these data is that they can be used for numerical evolutions to make a direct connection between the merger waveforms and the post-Newtonian inspiral waveforms.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20070030299.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16001504