- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Eddy current methods have been successfully used in a variety of non-destructive evaluation applications including detection of cracks, measurements of material thickness, determining metal thinning due to corrosion, measurements of coating thickness, determining electrical conductivity, identification of materials, and detection of corrosion in heat exchanger tubes. This paper describes the development of an eddy current prototype that combines positional and eddy-current data to produce a C-scan of tested material. The preliminary system consists of an eddy current probe, a position tracking mechanism, and basic data visualization capability. Initial test results of the prototype are presented in this paper.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20070020326.
6th WSEAS International Conference on Applications of Electrical Engineering; 27-29 May 2007; Istanbul; Turkey.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16002017