- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- OVERFLOW, a structured finite difference code, was applied to the solution of hypersonic laminar flow over several configurations assuming perfect gas chemistry. By testing OVERFLOW's capabilities over several configurations encompassing a variety of flow physics a validated laminar heating was produced. Configurations tested were a flat plate at 0 degrees incidence, a sphere, a compression ramp, and the X-38 re-entry vehicle. This variety of test cases shows the ability of the code to predict boundary layer flow, stagnation heating, laminar separation with re-attachment heating, and complex flow over a three-dimensional body. In addition, grid resolutions studies were done to give recommendations for the correct number of off-body points to be applied to generic problems and for wall-spacing values to capture heat transfer and skin friction. Numerical results show good comparison to the test data for all the configurations.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20060010529.
AIAA Paper 2005-0689.
AIAA 43rd Aerospace Sciences Meeting; 10-13 Jan. 2005; Reno, NV; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16003754