Violet [sound recording] : original Broadway cast recording / [music by Jeanine Tesori ; book and lyrics by Brian Crawley].
- Tesori, Jeanine
- Uniform Title:
- Additional Titles:
- Title on slipcase: Sutton Foster in Violet
- Bronxville, NY : PS Classics, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 audio discs (86 min.) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Crawley, Brian, 1962-
Gemignani, Alexander, 1979-
Rafter, Michael (Conductor)
- Water in the well -- Surprised -- On my way -- M&M's -- Luck of the draw -- Question 'n' answer -- "It was my mama's--" -- All to pieces -- Water in the well (reprise) -- A healing touch -- "I saw you writing in that book again--" -- Let it sing -- "There's your first miracle--" -- Anyone would do -- Who'll be the one (if not me) -- Last time I came to Memphis -- Go to it -- Lonely stranger -- Lay down your head -- Anyone would do (reprise) -- Hard to say goodbye -- "Little girl got it all figured out--" -- Promise me, Violet -- Raise me up -- Down the mountain -- In the chapel -- Raise me up (reprise) -- Look at me -- "Don't try to quote to me--" -- That's what I could do -- "I want to bless you--" -- Surprised (reprise) -- "I tried to tell you--" -- Promise me, Violet (reprise) -- Bring me to light.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical 1.4 m/s stereo
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file CD audio
- Compact disc.
Title from disc label.
Based on The ugliest pilgrim by Doris Betts.
Program notes by Amy Sherman-Palladino, synopsis by Brian Crawley, and libretto (48 unnumbered pages : color portraits) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Sutton Foster (Violet) ; Colin Donnell (Monty) ; Alexander Gemignani (Father) ; Joshua Henry (Flick) ; Emerson Steel, Charlie Pollock, Ben Davis, Annie Golden, Anastaćia McCleskēy, Austin Lesch, Rema Webb, supporting performers ; orchestra ; Michael Rafter, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 2014 April 7 Avatar Studios, New York, New York.
View MARC record | catkey: 16005315