Personal Care Products in the Aquatic Environment [electronic resource] / edited by M. Silvia Díaz‐Cruz, Damià Barceló
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 413 pages 121 illustrations, 9 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Díaz-Cruz, M. Silvia, Barceló, Damià, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry, 1867-979X ; 36
- Introduction: Personal Care Products in the Aquatic Environment -- Occurrence of PCPs in natural waters from Europe -- Personal Care Products in the Aquatic Environment in China -- Survey of Personal Care Products in the United States -- Occurrence of personal care products and transformation processes in chlorinated waters -- Environmental Risk Assessment of Personal Care Products -- Human Exposure to Chemicals in Personal Care Products and Health Implications -- Analytical methodologies for the determination of personal care products in water samples -- Analysis of Personal Care Products in Sediments and Soils -- Analysis and Occurrence of Personal Care Products in Biota Samples -- Fungal-mediated biodegradation of ingredients in personal care products -- Removal of Personal Care Products in Constructed Wetlands -- Removal of personal care products through ferrate(VI) oxidation treatment -- Ozonation as an advanced treatment technique for the degradation of personal care products in -- Main conclusions, identification of knowledge gaps and needs for further research.
- This volume offers an overview of the occurrence and distribution of personal care products in continental and marine waters, presents analytical methods and degradation technologies and discusses their impact on human health. Experts from different disciplines highlight major issues for each family of compounds related to their occurrence in the water column as well as in solid and biota samples, methodological strategies for their analysis, non-conventional degradation technologies, (eco)toxicity data and their human and environmental risk assessment. The book also includes a general introduction to personal care products, covering their properties, use, behaviour and regulatory framework, and a final chapter identifying knowledge gaps and future research trends. It will appeal to experts from various fields of research, including analytical and environmental chemistry, toxicology and environmental engineering.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16005645