Prenatal and Preimplantation Diagnosis [electronic resource] : The Burden of Choice / edited by Joann Paley Galst, Marion S. Verp
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 354 pages 20 illustrations, 14 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Paley Galst, Joann, Verp, Marion S., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I: Medical Perspective.- Prenatal Screening and Diagnostic Testing -- Preimplantation Genetic Screening and Diagnostic Testing -- Medical Reasons for Pregnancy Interruption: Chromosomal and Genetic Abnormalities.- Medical Reasons for Pregnancy Interruption: Structural Abnormalities.- Medical Reasons or Pregnancy Interruption: Fetal Reduction -- Fetal Pain -- Giving Bad and Ambiguous News -- Part II: The Legal Landscape -- Legal Issues in Prenatal and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis -- Ethical Issues -- Religious Traditions -- Disability Perspectives -- Feminist Perspectives on Prenatal and Preimplantation Diagnosis -- PART IV: PSYCHOSOCIAL PERSPECTIVE -- Critical Aspects of Decision-Making and Grieving After Diagnosis of Fetal Anomaly.- Helping Patients Cope with Their Decisions.- A Burden of Choice—The Ripple Effect: Parents’ Grief and the Role of Family and Friends.- Postscript: A Patient’s Perspective.
- This book aims to expand the awareness and understanding of the emotional sequelae of prenatal/preimplantation diagnosis, prenatal decision-making, pregnancy interruption for fetal anomaly, multifetal reduction for high-order multifetal pregnancies, and preimplantation choices involving the selection of embryos. Featuring a multi-disciplinary approach, it examines prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis from medical, legal, ethical, and psychosocial perspectives. Prenatal and Preimplantation Diagnosis is an excellent resource for obstetricians, reproductive endocrinologists, clinical geneticists, genetic counselors, and mental health professionals seeking to better support patients faced with difficult choices.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 16005650