Exploring Robotics with ROBOTIS Systems [electronic resource] / by Chi N. Thai
- Thai, Chi N.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- X, 172 pages 159 illustrations, 153 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Motivations & Instructional Approach -- ROBOTIS’ Robot Systems -- Hardware Characteristics -- Software Tools -- Foundational Concepts -- Actuator Position Control Basics -- Advanced Position Control -- Wireless Communications Programming -- Advanced Sensors -- Embedded C Options -- ROBOTIS-MINI System.
- This book presents foundational robotics concepts using the ROBOTIS BIOLOID and OpenCM-904 robotic systems, and is suitable as a curriculum for a first course in robotics for undergraduate students or a self-learner. It covers wheel-based robots, as well as walking robots. Although it uses the standard “Sense, Think, Act” approach, communications (bot-to-bot and PC-to-bot) programming concepts are treated in more depth (wired and wireless ZigBee/BlueTooth). Algorithms are developed and described via ROBOTIS’ proprietary RoboPlus IDE, as well as the more open Arduino-based Embedded C environments. Additionally, web-based multimedia materials are used for illustrating robotics concepts, code implementations and videos of actual resulting robot behaviors. Advanced sensor interfacing for gyroscope, inertial measuring unit, foot pressure sensor and color camera are also demonstrated.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16005692