Dear Darwin [electronic resource] : an abecedarium for soprano and piano / music by Scott Brickman ; poetry by Kathleen Ellis
- Brickman, Scott, 1963-
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Abecedarium for soprano and piano
- North Hampton, NH : Ravello Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Ellis, Kathleen
Ogle, Nancy Ellen
Hwalek, Ginger Yang
Brickman, Scott, 1963-
- Language Note:
- The 2nd work sung in English ; the 3rd work includes English and French words.
- Mayday rose (2:43) -- Dear Darwin: 26 songs for soprano and piano. A is for apple (1:06) ; Blue moon (1:21) ; Cocks (1:22) ; Double crosser (1:26) ; Elementary, my dear (1:02) ; Figureheads (0:50) ; Gender issues (0:55) ; Heart (2:33) ; Invasive species (2:48) ; Jealousy (1:40) ; Kissing in Indonesia (1:14) ; Lolita (1:26) ; Mincing words (1:26) ; Natural selection (2:24) ; Of Oxford's first female professor of poetry (1:42) ; Playing house (0:59) ; Quotidian Sunday (2:15) ; Ravishing (2:22) ; Sexual selection (2:26) ; Thoreau's wild apples (1:49) ; Underutilized species (1:41) ; Venus envy (2:47) ; Wild nights (2:17) ; X marks the spot (1:46) ; Yo, dude: on the origin of Yy (1:53) ; Zygote (1:53) -- International: bridge: peace (10:18).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Medium of Performance:
soprano voice 1 piano 1 2
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- The 1st and 3rd works are electroacoustic pieces ; the 2nd a set of songs for soprano and piano on texts by Kathleen Ellis.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- John Dyer, recording engineer (2nd work) ; Bob Lord, executive producer.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- On the 2nd work: Nancy Ellen Ogle, soprano ; Ginger Yang Hwalek, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st work recorded 2006 April 6, Fort Kent, Maine.
2nd work recorded 2013 May 15, 17, 20, 22, Minsky Hall, Orono, Maine.
3rd work recorded 2003 August 13, Fort Kent, Maine.
View MARC record | catkey: 16007315