Rywka's diary : the writings of a Jewish girl from the Lodz Ghetto, found at Auschwitz in 1945 and published seventy years later / Rywka Lipszyc ; edited by Anita Friedman and originally published by Jewish Family and Children's Services of San Francisco ; translated from the Polish by Malgorzata Markoff ; with annotations by Ewa Wiatr
- Lipszyc, Rywka, 1929-
- Uniform Title:
- Diary of Rywka Lipszyc
- New York, NY : Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 227 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), map ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Friedman, Anita, Markoff, Małgorzata, and Wiatr, Ewa
- Language Note:
- Translated from the Polish.
- Preface: The diary's journey from Auschwitz to America / Judy Janec -- Part I. Background -- A Polish girl comes of age in a Jewish ghetto / Alexandra Zapruder -- Lodz: a history of the city and the ghetto / Fred Rosenbaum -- Part II. The diary of Rywka Lipszyc -- Part III. Aftermath -- The family remembers: more than a name / Hadassa Halamish -- A meeting with the past / Esther Burstein -- Rywka's family -- What happened to Rywka Lipszyc? / Judy Janec -- Another mystery / Zinaida Berezovskaya.
- 9780062389688 trade
- "Originally published by Jewish Family and Children Services of San Francisco."
Original title: The diary of Rywka Lipszyc.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 219-221).
View MARC record | catkey: 16007620