Epigenetics in psychiatry / edited by Jacob Peedicayil, Dennis R. Grayson, Dimitrios Avramopoulos
- Introduction to epigenetics in psychiatry / Richard Lee and Dmitrios Avramopoulos -- Outline of epigenetics / Bidisha Paul and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- A brief history of epigenetics in psychiatry / Jacob Peedicayil -- Role of epigenetics in the neural stem cell and neuron / Naoki Yamamoto, Masahiro Uesaka, Takuya Inamura, and Kinichi Nakashima -- Role of epigenetics in the brain / Stephanie Matt, Eric D. Roth, and Tania L. Roth -- Epigenetics epidemiology of psychiatric disorders / Monica Uddin, Angela Bustamante, and Satoshi Toyokawa -- Laboratory techniques in psychiatric epigenetics / Chris Murgatroyd -- Laboratory epigenetics models of schizophrenia / Jacob Peedicayil, Erbo Dong, and Dennis R. Grayson -- Animals models of environmental manipulations resulting in epigenetics modifications that increase risk for affective disorders / Sarah Adams Schoenrock and Lisa M. Tarantino -- 5-Methycytosine and 5-Hydroxynmethylcytosine in psychiatric epigenetics / Dennis R. Grayson and Alessandro Guidotti -- Pathogenic histone modifications in schizophrenia are targets for therapy / Hamid Mostafavi Abdolmaleky and Sam Thiagalingam -- Non-coding RNAs and Psychiatric Disorders / Jacob Peedicayil and Natalie J. Beveridge -- Epigenetics of bipolar disorder / Gen Shinozaki, Benjamin Hing, and James B. Potash -- Epigenetics in major depressive disorder / Zachary A. Kaminsky -- The epigenetics of suicide: the critical impact of the environment on epigenetics regulation in suicide / Benoit Labonté, Pierre-Eric Lutz, and Gustavo Turecki -- Epigenetics in postraumatic stress disorder / Richard G. Hunter -- Epigenetics and cognitive disorders / Fabio Coppedé -- Epigenetics in intellectual disability / Nathalie G. Bérubé and Jamie M. Kramer -- Epigenetics and pervasive developmental disorders / Andrea L. Gropman -- Epigenetics in child psychiatry / Josephine Elia, Richard Kingsley, Oliver Yost, Charles Bongiorno, Carolyn Bernacki, Alexander Ambrosini, Makiko Okuyama, and Hakon Hakonarson -- Epigenetics mechanisms of drug addiction vulnerability / Wendy Wenderski and Ian Maze -- Mitoepigenetics and neuropsychiatric disorders / Hari Manev -- Epigenetics effects of currently used psychotropic drugs / Marco P.M. Boks -- DNA Methyltransferase Inhibitors and psychiatric disorders / Marija Kundakovic -- Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors and psychiatric disorders / Sumana Chakravarty, Unis Ahmad Bhat, R Gajendra Reddy, Praveer Gupta, and Arvind Kumar -- The social environment and epigenetics in psychiatry / Patrick O. McGowan, Aya Sasaki, and Tania L. Roth -- Nutritional effects on epigenetics in psychiatry / Jacob Peedicayil -- Transgenerational (Heritable) epigenetics and psychiatric disorders / Tamara Brook Franklin.
- "Epigenetics in Psychiatry covers all major areas of psychiatry in which extensive epigenetic research has been performed, fully encompassing a diverse and maturing field, including drug addiction, bipolar disorder, epidemiology, cognitive disorders, and the uses of putative epigenetic-based psychotropic drugs. Uniquely, each chapter correlates epigenetics with relevant advances across genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics. The book acts as a catalyst for further research in this potentially very important and useful area of psychiatry" --Back cover.
- 9780124171145 and 0124171141
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2015. and Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 16010870