The master algorithm : how the quest for the ultimate learning machine will remake our world / Pedro Domingos
- Domingos, Pedro
- New York, NY : Basic Books, 
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 329 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- The machine learning revolution -- The master algorithm -- Hume's problem of induction -- How does your brain learn? -- Evolution : nature's learning algorithm -- In the church of the Reverend Bayes -- You are what you resemble -- Learning without a teacher -- The pieces of the puzzle fall into place -- This is the world on machine learning.
- Algorithms increasingly run our lives. They work by learning from the trails of data we leave in our newly digital world; they observe us, imitate, and experiment. And in the world's top research labs and universities, the race is on to invent the ultimate learning algorithm: one capable of discovering any knowledge from data, and doing anything we want, before we even ask. Domingos gives us a peek inside the learning machines that power Google, Amazon, and your smartphone, and discusses what it means for you, and for the future of business, science, and society. and "Describes the quest to find the Master Algorithm, which will take machine learning to the next level, allowing computers to learn how to solve not just particular problems but any problem, "--Novelist.
- 9780465065707 hardcover and 0465065708 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16013049