The complete Timotheus Verinus / by Valentin Ernst Loescher ; part one (1718) translated by James L. Langebartels ; part two (1721) translated by Robert J. Koester
- Löscher, Valentin Ernst, 1674-1749
- Uniform Title:
- Vollständiger Timotheus Verinus. English
- Additional Titles:
- Timotheus Verinus
- Milwaukee, WI : Northwestern Pub., 1998.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 298, viii, 156 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- The general characteristics of the pietistic evil -- Pious-appearing indifferentism -- The contempt for the means of grace -- The invalidation of the ministry -- The mixing of righteousness by faith with works -- Millennialism -- Terminism -- Precisionism (adiaphora) -- Mysticism -- The abolition of the supports of religion -- Protects and excusing of enthusiasts and fanatical things -- Perfectionism -- Reformatism -- The schisms caused by the disorderly seeking of piety -- What especially concerns pietism.
- Each part is prefaced by a reproduction of the original title page and a translation of that page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 16013274