Paz em Angola [sound recording] / Bonga
- Bonga, 1942-
- Cambridge, Mass. : Rounder, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Olhos molhados = Wet eyes -- Ze kitumba = Old man Joe -- Camacove = Uncle Tom -- Maria casputo = Stuck-up Mary -- Hino de carnaval = Carnival hymn -- Paz em Angola = Peace in Angola -- Acacias feridas = Wounded acacias -- Currumba = A woman swaying -- Das bi = Proverbs -- Mariquinha = L'il Mary -- Malembe-malembe = Slowly, slowly -- Portas de Banda/Kamakore = The Banda doors/New times.
- Program notes ( p.) by Daniel L. Kahn inserted., Sung in Portuguese., Compact disc (AAD)., and Angolan folk songs and popular music, principally composed by Bonga.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bonga, vocals ; with instrumental acc.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recordings made in Lisbon during 1988 and 1989.
View MARC record | catkey: 1610984