Urban sprawl & all that jazz [sound recording] : a musical introduction to Life's "City" issue
- New York, N.Y. : Decca, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Armstrong, Louis, 1901-1971, Nichols, Red, Fitzgerald, Ella, Hampton, Lionel, Rollini, Adrian, Basie, Count, 1904-1984, Eldridge, Roy, 1911-1989, Lang, Eddie, 1902-1933, Venuti, Joe, Condon, Eddie, 1905-1973, Holiday, Billie, 1915-1959, Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974, Spanier, Muggsy, 1906-1967, Henderson, Fletcher, 1897-1952, Five Pennies (Musical group), Chicagoans (Musical group : Pete Daily), Lawson-Haggart Jazz Band, Life (Chicago), John Graas Quartet, and All Stars (Musical group : Louis Armstrong)
- -- East St. Louis toodle-oo / Duke Ellington-Bubber Miley (Duke Ellington and his Orchestra, 2:59) -- My buddy / Gus Kahn-Walter Donaldson (John Graas Quartet, 2:45) -- Chicago / Fred Fisher (Muggsy Spannier and his Orchestra, 2:35) -- When the Saints go marching in / traditional ; (Louis Armstrong and the All Stars, 3:28). and Oh, didn't he ramble / Will Handy (Louis Armstrong and the All Stars, 3:29) -- Chinatown, my Chinatown / Jean Schwartz-William Jerome (Red Nichols and his Five Pennies, 3:06) -- Lullaby of Birdland / George Shearing-B.Y. Forster (Ella Fitzgerald and supporting artists, 2:48) -- New Central Avenue breakdown / Lionel Hampton (Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra, 3:07) -- Memphis blues (Fletcher Henderson and his orchestra, 2:42) -- Davenport blues / Bix Beiderbecke (Adrian Rollini and his Orchestra, 3:12) -- Jumpin' at the Woodside / Count Basie (Count Basie and his Orchestra, 3:05) -- St. Louis blues / W.C. Handy (Roy Eldridge and his Orchestra, 2:23) --Beale Street blues / W.C. Handy (Eddie Lang - Joe Venuti and their All Star Orchestra, 3:17) -- Friar's Point shuffle / Eddie Condon-Red McKenzie (Eddie Condon and his Chicagoans, 3:03) -- Kansas City stomp / Jelly Roll Morton (Lawson-Haggart Jazz Band, 2:29) -- Easy living / Leo Robin-Ralph Rainger (Billie Holiday and supporting artists, 3:10) --
- Related Titles:
- Oh, didn't he ramble?, Chinatown, my Chinatown, Lullaby of Birdland, New Central Avenue breakdown, Memphis blues, Davenport blues, Jumpin' at the Woodside, St. Louis blues, Beale Street blues, Friar's Point shuffle, Kansas City stomp, and Urban spral and all that jazz
- A promotional device for prospective advertisers for Life's "City" issue, Dec. 20, 1965., Program notes ( p.) inserted., "Produced for Life"., and The Clarence I. Noll and Almeda Noll Record Collection.
View MARC record | catkey: 1611424