Breaking the chains : African-American slave resistance / William Loren Katz
- Katz, William Loren
- New York : Atheneum ; Toronto : Collier Macmillan Canada ; New York : Maxwell Macmillan International Pub. Group, 1990.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 194 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Describes slavery in the United States, the harsh conditions under which slaves lived, the active and passive resistance with which they fought for their rights, the revolts, and the involvement of slaves in the Civil War.
- Slave insurrections—United States—Juvenile literature
- Slave insurrections
- Southern States—History—1775-1865—Juvenile literature
- United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—African Americans—Juvenile literature
- United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Participation, African American—Juvenile literature
- United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—African Americans
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -187) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1615186