Caribbean island music [sound recording] : songs and dances of Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica
- Additional Titles:
- Songs and dances of Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica
- [New York, N.Y.] : Nonesuch, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Graciano, Albertino, Ventura, Odalicia, Reid, Benjamin, Welsh, Charles, McLerty, Alfred, Walker, Valerie, Chiverton, Theophilus, Roberts, John Storm, Orchestre Jazz Corondo, and Congos del Espiritu Santo
- Language Note:
- Sung in various Caribbean area languages and pidgins.
- Calunga ; Ya lo ve ; Amantina ; Canto de hacha ; Ay Lola eh ; Salva corrida ; Pindó, Mama, píndo (Los Congos del Espiritu Santo ; Albertino Graciano, leader ; Odalicia Ventura, lead singer) -- Les deux Jumeaux ; Joséphine (Orchestre Jazz Corondo) -- Percy where him gone? (Benjamin Reid) -- Bahl'Oman Bahl ; Georgie Lyon (Charles Welsh and chorus) -- Emmanuel Road ; Mango time (Charles Welsh, Alfred McLerty, chorus) -- When I was in Colón ; Chi chi bud-oh! ; Obeahman (Valerie Walker) -- Mummies (Theophilus Chiverton and group).
- Recorded in the Dominican Republic (1st-7th and 18th works), Haiti (8th-9th works), and Jamaica (10th-17th works) by John Storm Roberts.
Program notes by John Storm Roberts ( p.) inserted in container.
Previously released in 1972 as analog disc (H 72047).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Various performers and groups.
View MARC record | catkey: 1619094