Gospel singers & choirs [sound recording].
- Additional Titles:
- Gospel singers and choirs
- Wadhurst, E. Sussex, England : Topaz Jazz, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (68 min.) : digital, mono ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jesus is coming soon / (Evangelist R.H. Harris of the Pentecostal Mission and Pentecostal Sisters) (3:16) -- Death is riding through the land / (Sister Cally Fancy's Sanctified Singers) (5:45) -- Climbing up Zion's hill / (Deacon Mose) (3:00) -- Live the life / (Rev. B.L. Wrightman ; with Lottie Beaman and congregation) (2:52) -- Vacation in heaven (2:31) ; You have lost Jesus (2:36) / (Missionary Josephine Miles ; with Sister Elizabeth Cooper, piano, vocal) -- When that great ship went down / (William and Versey Smith) (2:49) -- Now is the needy time / (Daniel Brown ; with Tiny Parham, piano) (2:34) -- I'm gonna wait right here till he comes / (Rev. D.C. Rice) (3:00) -- My loved ones are waiting for me / (Sister Clara Hudmon ; with Deacon Leon Davis, Sisters Jordan and Norman) (2:44) -- Memphis flu / (Elder Curry, guitar, vocal ; with his congregation ; Joe Ann Williams, vocal ; Elder Charles Beck, piano) (3:00) -- God give me a light (2:42) ; So glad I'm here (2:42) / (Louisville Sanctified Singers) -- Oh Lord I'm in your care / (Rev. Edward W. Clayborn (the Guitar Evangelist)) (2:40) -- John the Baptist / (Rev. Moses Mason (Red Hot Old Mose)) (3:04) -- When the saints go marching in (1:55) ; Rock of ages (2:48) / (Blind Willie Davis) -- The royal telephone / (Rev. Sister Mary Nelson ; with John Davis, Clarence Nelson) (2:37) -- How about you? (2:55) ; If you see my Saviour (2:50) / (Thomas A. Dorsey) -- I'm gonna die with the staff in my hand (3:09) ; Amazing grace (3:14) ; Adam and Eve in the garden (3:07) / (Rev. J.M. Gates).
- Analog recording.
Originally released as 78-rpm discs, on various labels.
Notes by Tony Watts, with discographic data ( p.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Various performers and groups.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded between Feb. 10, 1926 and 1932.
View MARC record | catkey: 1619715