The Tunkin diary and lectures : the diary and collected lectures of G.I. Tunkin at the Hague Academy of International Law / edited and compiled, with translations and an introduction, by William E. Butler and Vladimir G. Tunkin
- Tunkin, G. I. (Grigoriĭ Ivanovich)
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections. 2012
- The Hague, The Netherlands : Eleven International Publishing, 
Portland, OR : Sold and distributed in USA and Canada [by] International Specialized Book Services.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 528 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Butler, William Elliott, 1939-
Tunkin, Vladimir G. (Vladimir Grigorevich), 1940-
Vinogradoff Institute (Dickinson School of Law)
- Language Note:
- Diary translated from the Russian.
- Coexistence and international law. Introduction. -- The legal nature of the United Nations. The Basic Laws of the Development of Society and the United Nations ; The Charter as the Legal Basis of United Nations Activities ; The Legal Nature of the United Nations and its Structure and Functioning ; The Legal Nature of the United Nations and the Problem of the UN Military Forces ; The Legal Nature of the United Nations and Strengthening the Organisation. -- International law in the international system. General theory ; International law and the international juridical system ; The process of forming norms of international law ; International law and international organizations. -- Politics, law and force in the interstate system. The Present Day Interstate System ; International Politics and the Creation of Norms of International Law ; International Law and Politics ; International Law and Force ; Non-Legal Norms in the Interstate System ; Increasing Regulatory Capacity of the Interstate System ; Some Thoughts about the Future of the Interstate System.
- 9789490947538 (hbk.)
- The lectures were written in English, and delivered at the Hague Academy of International Law on four occasions between 1958 and 1986.
"The lectures were originally published in the Recueil des cours"--Title page verso.
"Recollections of my father, Grigorii Ivanovich Tunkin, [by] Vladimir G. Tunkin": p. 1-16.
At head of title: The Vinogradoff Institute, Dickinson School of Law, Pennsylvania State University.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16200369